Wow, June was an absolutely busy month for me. I was gone for the first week of June and then my best friend had her wedding on June 22 so up until then I was a pretty busy girl plus with the addition of our heat wave I didn’t read nearly as much as I normally do. At least I don’t feel like I did. This month I read 7 books and one of them I had already read over half a few months ago so honestly it’s more like 6 books.
I am hoping July will be a better month in regards to reading but I have a lot of exams this month to finish up school so not sure and August is also very busy. I’ll be in vacationing for over half of it and away from home and celebrating my 1 year wedding anniversary on September 1st, so we’ll be leaving a few days before that!
Anyways, without further delay, here is the list of books I’ve read this month with links to their reviews.
1. Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier (apparently I didn’t write a review for this book but it was good)
2. Wake by Amanda Hocking
3. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
4. Joyland by Stephan King
5. The Death Cure by James Dashner
6. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
7. Other Systems by Elizabeth Guizzetti
Shadow and Bone ( The Grisha #1) written by Leah Bardugo
The Shadow Fold, an impenetrable darkness and monsters that feast on human flesh is destroying the once radiant nation of Ravaka. Alina is an orphan who discovers a unique power that thrusts her into the lavish world of the kingdom’s magic elite- the Grisha. Could she be the key to unraveling the dark fabric of the Shadow Fold and setting Ravaka free?
Ruby Red & Sapphire Blue (Books 1 & 2 of the Ruby Red Trilogy) written by Kerstin Gier
This series is about a girl named Gwyneth Shepherd who has the family gene to travel time. This series is filled with adventure, romance, and mystery as Gwyneth struggles to find out who she really is, if she can actually trust Gideon and who really is good.
Of Poseidon (Of Poseidon #1) written by Anna Banks
Galen is prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he’s heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach, when she runs into Galen and both teens sense a connection. It will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma’s gift. Now, if only he could convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom.
I’ve read quite a few books in May (what’s new?) however nearer the end of the Month I left for a trip and only just got back yesterday… and during this trip I accomplished almost nothing reading wise!. If I have a review up, I’ll link it to the book’s name. Looking forward to catching up with what everyone else has been reading.
1. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (Five Stars)
2. I am not a Serial Killer by Dan Wells
3. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (Five Stars)
4. Unwind by Neal Shusterman (Three Stars)
5. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry (Five Stars)
6. Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick (Four Stars)
7. Coraline: the Graphic Novel by Neil Gaimen (Three Stars)
8. The Walking Dead: Book One by Robert Kirckman (Five Stars)
9. Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick (Four Stars)
10. Legend by Marie Lu (Five Stars)
11. Sailor Moon Manga: Volume 2 by Naoko Takeuchi (Five Stars)
12. The Golem and the Jinni by Helen Wecker (Five Stars)
13. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
14. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl (Five Stars)
15. Sailor Moon Manga: Volume 3 by Naoko Takeuchi (Five Stars)
16. Sailor Moon Manga: Volume 4 by Naoko Takeuchi (Five Stars)
17. The Painted Girls by Marie Buchanan (Three Stars)
18. Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood (Five Stars)
19. The Selection by Kiera Cass (Four Stars)
As you Can see I’ve been doing a terriable job reviewing all the books I’ve read. I’ve writen quite a few that I haven’t posted yet, so this month is going to be a catch up month, so expect quite a few reviews!
1. Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
2. Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier
3. Wake by Amanda Hocking
4. The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton
5. The 5th Wave by Richard Yancey
Have you read any of these what do you think of this list? What are you reading?