What I liked about this book
– How original the story was… I can honestly say that I have not read another book like this at this point in my life
– The Characters all have different and distinctive personalities
– The world, how the people interact with each other, the history of Prentisstown. I thought everything was very creative
– A lot of surprises, I mean so many things I did not expect, and sometimes it was brutal.
– I think this book would appeal to men, it’s adventurous enough, violent enough and there is next to no romance… Plus it’s about a settlement on a new planet! How cool is that? My husband would like this… he’s very into Science fiction/action books.
– Easy to read, easy to understand and left me wanting more!
What I didn’t like about this book
–How you are supposed to be able to hear people’s thoughts but people could still sneak up on you? I’m a little unsure how this actually works?
-Something I want to mention but would be a complete and utter spoiler so I won’t mention it.
Would I Recommend this book?
I would 100% recommend this book! To both men and woman… maybe even leaning a bit towards guy readers?
My favorite character is actually the puppy Manchee. He was so sweet and so loyal despite Todd’s initial reaction to him.
I also loved Todd’s innocence, and am excited to see where the story takes off after this book.
Thoughts on story as a whole
I loved the whole thing, every page, every part. Thought it was just a fantastic surprising read, there were so many twists and turns and surprising plot lines. Beyond fantastic, I am not usually a huge Science fiction reader but this book completely won me over. There were some scenes that were so heart wrenching and shocking that I almost couldn’t believe it. One of my favorite books I’ve read in 2012. I also think you should READ THIS BOOK!
Will I read the Sequels?
Yes, Yes, and yes.