Five book habits I wish I had more willpower over breaking
- Reading the last chapter first! I hate that I do this but sometimes when I feel pressed for time or when a book looks good but I haven’t heard much about it I read the last chapter first, I’m especially bad for this if I’m standing in a book store.
- Skipping ahead. The chapter is so good, the plot is so amazing, the characters are shouting in your face to hurry up and find out what happens to them already and you find your fingers turning the pages a couple chapters and then you realise what you’ve done and you’re disappointed and the story is now lacking because you’ve spoiled it for yourself. I probably do this one the most… yeah… my husband makes fun of me for this.
- Buying new books when I’m reading a book or have a stack of books that I haven’t bothered to read. This one isn’t as bad as others because in all likely hood they’ll all be read… or kind of read in the future, which leads me to number 4.
- I sometimes start books and never, ever, finish them…I know it’s terrible and I hate, hate, hate doing this because sometimes I do this to books I enjoy! I know! Who doesn’t finish a book they enjoy? Me I guess, but surely I’m not the only one out there.
- I am also crazy when I am absorbed and enthralled with a book, I’ll read it so fast that I’m probably out of breathe when I’m done. Then the book is over and it was such a torrid affair I kind of feel like I’ve cheated myself out of something that could have been MUCH more enjoyable if I had just you know… actually taken the time to enjoy it more.